Leading international boutique law firm, ebl miller rosenfalck, is looking for a skilled and ambitious senior corporate immigration lawyer (Senior Associate) to join our immigration team.
Salary range £45,000 – £60,000, plus benefits and discretionary bonus scheme.
We place great care on the wellbeing of our talented team. We have recently introduced a policy on reducing emails after working hours and at weekends. From 1 January 2023, all staff will be given 30 days holiday per year (or PTE), plus the usual bank holidays.
We embrace technology and flexibility and we are currently operating a Hybrid Working Policy.
We also encourage secondments to an ebl office in Europe (Belgium, France or Germany).
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious self-starter who can assist our Head of Immigration, Helen Murphie, to grow the department, and deal with enquiries from our corporate clients navigating the new immigration system.
You are enthusiastic and confident, with an entrepreneurial attitude, and you should have a corporate client following and a well-developed referral network. In addition to helping Helen to build the department, and help the firm generate business in London, Europe and internationally. You will support and strengthen the employment and immigration team’s expansion.
You will be based in our new bespoke offices which are set across the 4th and 5th floor of 27 Greville Street in Farringdon (EC1), and you will work in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive environment. We also have a roof top terrace which is primarily used for business development activities an parties.
We are a business law firm covering corporate and commercial law, employment (for employers and senior executives), immigration, data protection, dispute resolution, intellectual property, and real estate.
We act for a broad range of clients including international and European listed companies, SMEs, embassies, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs. We advise clients within Fintech, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Creatives and Media, Retail, Fashion, Logistics, Manufacturing and Professional Services.
Many of our lawyers speak another language (including Danish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese and Polish) in addition to English. In addition to our London office, we have ebl offices in Paris, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Wuppertal and Brussels.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience working in a well-regarded law firm (4 to 8 years PQE)
- A corporate immigration law background and experience of Sponsorship Licences
- Applications Start – Up and Innovator Visas, Tier 1 Visas, Skilled Worker /Tier 2 Visas, Student Visas, Representative of Overseas Business Visas, Settled and Pre – Settled Status Applications, Visitor Visas and Naturalisation applications.
- A client following.
- A well-developed referral network.
- Confident, professional and able to manage own workload.
- Ability to supervise colleagues.
- Passionate about immigration law, business development and marketing.
- Articulate and excellent technical and drafting skills.
- Team player.
- Strong IT skills.
The successful candidate must be keen to continuously learn and stretch themselves, and to explain their ideas.
- Academic Degree from a top ranked University.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills and be familiar with the most recent technology.
- General business experience to support one or more of our desks: French, Italian, German, Danish, North American (Canada and USA) and China.
- Excellent writing style.
- High level attention to detail and be confident working directly with the Partners and Senior management team, and external providers, and representing the firm (if required) at external events and conferences.
- You will be provided with instructions, but we do prize team members who take initiative to help our clients and our team.
ebl miller rosenfalck is a boutique international law firm, with experience in cross border work. We are a friendly team, who put an emphasis on excellent client care, great quality of work and quality of life.
Please apply with a cover letter, along with your CV, explaining your skill set and the value you could bring to ebl miller rosenfalck.
ebl miller rosenfalck is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant’s ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to hearing from you.